This application is primarily developing to provide the best experience to the end-user in limited bandwidth non-competing scenarios aimed at Inspiron and XPS series. Background Smart Buy is a tool designed exclusively for Dell consumer systems, focusing on Inspiron and XPS chain models.
What Does SmartByte Do
Smartbyte works by grabbing the max internet speed available for streaming videos and reducing the buffering time. Its streaming speed is boosting, but you may see that the system’s overall performance has been a bit slowed down. Now we see what is smartbyte and its importance.
How to Disable Smart Byte?
You can disable Smartbyte on your Dell Laptop. Below are the steps to follow
- Open Task Manager by Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Click on the Startup Tab
- Search for Smart byte Utility
- Select it by clicking it once
- Click on disable at the bottom.
Uninstall Smart Byte
Follow these steps to uninstall/remove Smart Byte.
- Right-click on start
- Click on Apps and Features
- Scroll to find the Smart Byte application
- Click on every Smart byte Utility.
- Click on uninstall
- Repeat for every Smartbyte Utility
Update Smart Byte
You can resolve some minor issues with Smart byte by updating it. Follow these steps, and you update Smart byte.
- Download the latest Smart Byte Drivers and Services from the official site
- Save it in a folder
- Uninstall the current Smart Byte
- Restart your machine
- Run latest downloaded Smart Byte Drivers
- Here, it will direct you to the Windows Store to download the latest Smart Byte Interface.
Adjusting Smart Byte Speed Limits:
Hence, in these cases, the best remedy is to manually adjust the speed limits in Smart Bytes settings by following these steps:
- Click Start
- You can type Smart byte and click Smart Byte when it appears.
- Here, once the interface has loaded, press the F4 key on your keyboard to load the settings page.
- On the settings page, you will see the current bandwidth settings. You can also change these by clicking on them and replacing the number with the appropriate speed, in megabits per second (Mbps). You may use the rates stated in the Internet service provider’s plan, or you should use an online speed test, such as speedtest.net. If you can elect to use a speed test, make sure you first change Smart Byte’s speeds to do something far higher than the actual plan, so then the current settings do not limit speed.
- Here, when you have to change the numbers appropriately, then click Save Settings. You may now close the Smart Byte interface, as the user interface does not need to be loading for Smart Byte to its job of speeding up your Internet experience.
- Thus, if manually setting your speed limits does not resolve the issue, we suggest updating the latest Smart Byte version.
Which Version Of Smart Byte Am I Running?
Here, some users have expressed confusion in finding which version of Smart Byte that their machine is running.
Hence, you can find which version of Smart Byte that you are using by following these steps:
- Right-click Start and click Apps and Features.
- Here you can Scroll until you find Smart byte Drivers and Services and click it.
- You can also see the version number below, “Smart byte Drivers and Services.”
- You can compare the version number to the current version of Smart Byte available from our website below:
|1.||File Size||36.7 MB|
When Smart byte loads for the first time, it conducts a speed test. Later, it saves those values as the maximum available bandwidth speeds determine when to throttle applications and services that are not latency-sensitive. Hence, to make sure that the latency-sensitive applications and services work quickly and correctly.
Here, Smart Byte is an application that will boost your internet speed when you are streaming videos or having video calls. Thus, the application is preinstalling on Lenovo laptops. Hence, you can remove or uninstall the application if you prefer not to use it. Then, it suggests updating the application drivers and services from time to time so that it works perfectly.
Thus, if you are a Dell laptop user and now you know what a Smart Byte is, you can use the feature at its best.