Pomelo-Avocado Salad Recipe
Preparation: 15 minutes
For 4 people
- 2 pomelos
- 2 avocados
- 4 sprigs of coriander
- ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 16 large prawns
- 1 pinch of salt
- Peel the pomelos raw: cut the rind horizontally at each end of the fruit. Place it vertically on the worktop.
- Cut the bark with a paring knife from top to bottom, taking care to remove all the small white skin that adheres to the bark to reveal only the raw fruit.
- Lift the supremes (collect the raw quarters): over a bowl (to collect the juice), slide the blade of the knife between the membrane and the pomelo flesh on each side of the segment to release the raw quarter.
- Cut the avocados in half to remove the pit. Crisscross the flesh then collect it with a tablespoon. Lemon the flesh of the avocados.
- In a salad bowl, pour the salt, the pomelo juice collected during the cutting, and the olive oil. Add the pomelo segments and the diced avocado. Mix gently so that the avocado does not crush.
- Wash and dry the cilantro. Remove the leaves, then roughly chop it and sprinkle it over the salad.
- Shell the prawns then arrange them harmoniously on the salad before serving.